Monday, November 8, 2010

Meeting up with Roommates

Catherine the Telecommunication Engineer. 
(turns out she can also engineer a fantastic fabric flower and ham sandwich.)

 Kimberly the artist and wedding planner. 


Coila the masters student who doubles as our personal masseuse and eyebrow shaper. 


Romney- Kim's 5 month old. 



I don't even know where to start. A weekend with good girl friends is so refreshing and memorable. Things turned out a little different this year, but every bit as wonderful. We met up at my parent's cabin again and spent the day designing and sewing hair accessories. I came away with new authors to read, Christmas traditions, clothes to buy, food to replicate, crafts to craft, ways to curl my hair, make-up to buy.....So grateful that Jordan and other wonderful husbands could make this possible. I loved it.

4 comments:

Cat said...

You WOULD post the picture where I'm being a total goof. :)

I'm so glad we got to get together and please thank your parents for sharing their wonderful cabin again. It was just the weekend I needed.

Coila said...

Cat, that picture is awesome of both of you!

Emily, you got this up so fast! Thanks! Thanks also, for letting me stay with you and spend some time with your family. Also, thanks to your mom and dad for letting us stay at their cabin! SO nice!

Donna Mannewitz Christensen said...

Okay, so you need to post about the GREAT things you learned, like what fun books to read, ways to curl hair, and fun crafts to make!! It sounds like a totally fun weekend!! I am a bit jealous. But so, so happy you got to do it!!

Kylee said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. I'm glad you were able to get together! Hopefully I can make it to the next one! And please post about the fun flowers for your hair! :)