Tuesday, June 10, 2008

4.04

It was a hard pill to swallow when I filled up my car yesterday. Then I got to thinking....
About 2 months ago I paid about 50 dollars to fill up my Honda Odyssey. Yesterday I paid 65. I fill up my car about twice a month. So, on average I spend 30 dollars more on gas each month. Somehow putting in that perspective makes it seem less to me. BUT we do have 2 cars- so it does add up. Anyway, I hope prices drop and just don't keep skyrocketing. (In the mean time I have full tank)

4 comments:

Me said...

That's funny. When I was in Florida, I kept being blown away that gas was, at most $4/gal. I had gotten used to seeing signs for $4.15/gal and higher. It used to cost me $20 to fill up the car that now takes $50 to fill. And that wasn't even 3 years ago! :(

Rachel said...

I remember living in UT and it costing only abt $15 to fill up our civic. Now it's over $50. Just be glad we don't live in Europe where it costs over $8 a gallon! (but then again in Europe they have a lot better public transportation systems than we do in the states...) Also, I heard on the news that they don't expect gas prices to go down anytime soon...bummer.

Me said...

We're up to $4.50 already. This is getting ridiculous. . . .

Kimberly said...

A couple things.
1. I heard on a reliable news station that they are predicting a national average of over $5 by the fourth of July.
2. I want to buy a wind turbine for my back yard, a hybrid Camry, and a conversion kit that makes it able to be plugged in. (Also good for the electric bill!)