Monday, June 16, 2008

bad habbits

This is what caused the bad habit:

I slave away and make a waffle for Andrew to eat for breakfast. I loveingly set him up in his high chair and then I go attend to Jensen. Not five minutes later homeade syrup and waffles scatter my floor (yes...the carpet). He must be full???? (I mean, what kid doesn't love sugar?) I get him down and off he toddles to my diaper bag. In which he finds some nasty granola bar- he quickly shoves it in his mouth. Obviously still hungry.

This continual senario has led me to ....

1. Set Andrew on the couch and give him a fresh granola bar to eat.

2. Pretend I am eating cereal and give him bites.

3. And the most common one- Set up a little table in front of the T.V., give the boys their breakfast and let the T.V. distract them into eating. Works like a charm everytime....except when Drew pulls the table over.



3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow, I do this stuff too. Many days I realize that I ate way too much cereal waiting around for him to take his turn. I also do snacks in the living room. Bad habit BUT the stains have almost convinced my husband we need hard wood in there. Good news!

Me said...

Hey, that doesn't sound so bad. You do what you have to, right? Especially when you have carpeting in your eating areas . . that's just so wrong! Who does that?

Tayla said...

I'm glad I am not the only mom who lets their child eat in front of the TV. That is Max's favorite thing to do in the morning. It keeps him quiet! :) Sometimes I am so awful that I let him actually eat on the couch. It depends on what kind of morning we are having. :)