Monday, January 28, 2008

Find Yourself


Jordan called me on Thursday and told me to start brushing up on my Brad Paisley songs because he got tickets for us to go to his concert. I was super excited. Brad Paisley is one of those artists that has a lot of songs I like okay. I thought this would make for a great concert because I wouldn't have any secret agenda of songs I needed him to sing for me to be satisfied.
It also turns out that I watched Cars for the first time with Jensen on Thursday. Go watch it! It is a good movie. I liked the plot, but loved the fun music. As I sat snuggling with Jensen watching the closing credits a song came up that I liked. It could have been the day or fate, but I really liked it.
On the way to the concert Jordan and I were listening to all the Brad Paisley songs on my sister's iPod. All of sudden the song from Cars came up. I scream. I must be out of it because Jordan was like-yeah, I knew that. Darn, now I have a song I really want him to sing. I wait through Chuck Hicks, Rodney Atkins, a random streaker and finally Brad Paisley comes on stage. I lean over to Jordan-he's not going to sing it. He leans back-chill out he will sing it. One song, five songs, eight songs. It is now 11:00 pm. He walks off stage. No love. Sad Emily. I listen to the song on repeat for the 20 minute drive home. I never liked Brad Paisley much anyway-right?






1 comment:

Coila said...

I never did say this, but I'm a little jealous. Brad Paisley's awesome! Too bad he didn't sing what you wanted him to, though.