Thursday, December 17, 2009

Arrival.

Tonight I waited for the sound. A sound I thought I would never hear: my little sister's baby girl. That first cry from a baby is such a wonderful noise. I wasn't in the room with my sister, but I waited outside her door for around an hour as little Scarlett (I think?) pushed her way into life. All 6 lbs. 2 ozs are adorable (even if I mysteriously forgot to get a good picture her face...think of the cutest newborn you know and then double it!)


7:00 am. Waiting.


More waiting.



6:00 arrival. Just us girls. I really can't believe my little sister had a baby. I am sooooo excited for her.

7 comments:

Humes Family said...

Well since she has your genes (as with all your sisters) I can only imagine how adorable she is ;)

congrats little sis!!

Shantelle said...

Congrats to Jill! Cut picture of the girls together!

Becky Chatwin said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! Girls are so much fun!

Angelina said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting! Jill looks like she's doing great. Maybe you can remember to take a picture and post it...? I got your family Christmas card this week. Thank you! Your family is so adorable.

Tayla said...

Yay! Congrats Jill!

Rachel said...

How exciting! What a great early Christmas present. What a cute picture of you with your sisters and Jill's baby. I can't wait to see pictures of the baby close up. I got your Christmas card yesterday-- so cute.

Coila said...

Congratulations!! I hope Scarlet sticks, that's a pretty name.