Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving at home














While driving to my parent's house for the big dinner Jordan and I thought about where we had been on previous Thanksgivings. Our first Thanksgiving married we spent in Paris with Jordan's parents. Then we moved to Michigan and we spent two different Thanksgivings in Nauvoo and one in Michigan going to a Lions game. Growing up I always loved to spend Thanskgiving with my grandparents and cousins in Utah. Last Thanksgiving we spent it with my family in Newport Beach and this year...this year we relaxed. It was wonderful, warm, filling, and still memorable.
As I put up the Tree that Saturday I thought about Christmas, and odd ornaments and how the holidays are a time to reflect. I have ornaments from my childhood, from Michigan, from each of my children. I have piles and piles of snowflakes that are from the first Christmas I met Jordan. We spent hours cutting and talking. This year my little sister is having a baby and my brother is driving up from Dallas (with his new twins!). Even though I have lived in town for 2 years, this is my first Christmas I have spent at home in 4 years. Now...on to the shopping, the surprises, and the excitement.

3 comments:

Dallan said...

Hey I remember that Thanksgiving in Nauvoo. Remember how trecherous the roads were the whole way there, and how JaLayne's kids were sleeping in their snow clothes? That was also the trip where I got that ticket from the mean cop and you and Jordan convinced me to "pursue" Bethany. Thanks, by the way!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for a nice post, it was just what I needed today.

Camille said...

I miss your snowflakes. No one does snowflakes like you and Jordan.