Monday, August 17, 2009

still waiting.

And keeping busy. We have wanted to get our carpet cleaned for awhile. We had no idea how dirty it really was until we moved our carpet and saw the difference. Yuck. Jordan called around, but decided just to borrow a steam cleaner from a guy in our ward.


BEFORE. AGHHHH... So dirty.


AFTER. I am impressed.

It took alot of muscle to get our carpet clean. Jordan and Jensen with The Admiral.


Inspired by my BYU roommate who posted about the joys of homemade t-shirts. I had a hard time finding the right color shirt in the right size- but overall I think they turned out okay. I went to the dr. today and hopefully the baby should come sometime this week, but he says he is never one to predict what mother nature is in charge of! (he really is an interesting guy) Luckily I feel good and am keeping busy.


9 comments:

Kimberly said...

We just cleaned our carpets too! You are right, it is a bunch of muscle. Last time we did it, Rob did most of the work. This time he was at work for the majority of it. I was wishing I was pregnant so I could just sit around. Lucky.
Cute shirts.

Kylee said...

We need to clean our carpets too...really bad. However, we are going to wait until after Caden is potty trained so we can clean up all the accidents. I love the shirts! Good luck with everything!

Rachel said...

Yeah, our carpets need to be cleaned as well...I have heard that once you clean your carpets, they get dirtier faster because the soap residue picks up even more dirt in the carpet. I do think that is true. Ours were just cleaned a few months ago and they are already looking pretty bad again. That is why if I ever get to pick a carpet color it will not be light.

I like the shirts you made--very cute. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your baby will come this week--and that he won't be too, too big (for your sake)! (I remembered that your other boys were quite tiny because they were so early.)

Kimberly said...

Okay, I was just showing Rob your before and after carpet pictures when he commented on the name of the carpet cleaning machine, The Admiral. I looked closer and sure enough, he's right. The first time I read the post I thought you were calling Jordan's bicep The Admiral. We got a good laugh about it over here.

Ken and Amy said...

WOW....I can't believe you are still pregnant! Good job Em for keeping the baby in this far! Now you know how awful it is to be full term....heehee!

Glad to see that you are nesting and keeping yourself busy. I love clean carpets!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...but seriously...get that baby out so we can take his picture next week. Walk, swim,well...do what ever you can! :) Love the clean carpets...wow!

JMF said...

Kimberly, thanks for catching the connection between my pose and the name of the machine. All the Admiral references were half the fun of cleaning it ourselve.

JMF said...

Kim and Abe, Amen on getting the baby out. Geez. We'd love to have you take photos. Gotta have it first.

Melinda said...

IT makes me feel better about myself that your carpets were dirty.