Today is my little sister's birthday. To celebrate we went to IHOP for breakfast- unusually good. As we were waiting for our food a waitress came up and asked to rub my belly. Sure, why not? After a good, long awkward rub that made all my sister's giggle, she pronounced that I was going to have a boy. Great. I mean the 2 boys sitting next to me ripping napkins and coloring on the table wouldn't give that away would they?
I am feeling really good these days. On Monday the dr. said I have at least another week. I think this boy is in me for the long haul. What a blessing.
On Sunday I found myself doodling baby names on the magna doodle. (the treasured quiet toy in church) Our final list of names look something like this:
Jordan
Emily
Jensen
Andrew
Daniel?
Jordan
Emily
Jensen
Andrew
Wesley?
Jordan
Emily
Jensen
Andrew
Henry?
Naming this child has been hard. We already have a boy with a last name as a first name and a boy with a very common bible name. We both want something a little different sounding than the first 2 names...but still professional sounding with the last name Flake. To be honest, it really comes down to Henry or Wesley. Of course Jordan likes Wesley and I prefer Henry. In the end I don't like Henry that, that much. I guess I will wait until he is born. Hopefully he looks like someone or something. Any last minute suggestions?
Maybe I should have asked the IHOP waitress what his name was going be.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I really like Henry. Sorry Jordan.
I'm so happy that this little guy is deciding to stay in long enough to get big. Picking names is so hard, especially boy names. Whatever you pick I'm sure he is going to be so adorable! :)
Yeah, you're still pregnant. Boys name are hard! I personally like Wesley...maybe because it reminds me of The Princess Bride or something? Other suggestions--Ethan, Carter, Luke. Good luck!
Rachel - how dare you side against your roommate! I agree - I like Wesley and I like the Princess Bride. Seriously, Emily gets 10 votes to my 1, so whatever she decides.
of the 3, i pick henry. you totally should have asked the ihop waitress! i agree boy names are hard! if hazel had been a boy, she could have been nameless for a LONG time! we had no names...at least you have some options! i like carson, liam, and carter too!
PS-Happy Birthday today Emily! I hope you have a wonderful one!
Those are good names. Of the names on your list, I do like Wesley the best. We just named our baby Walter last week.
Post a Comment