Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4

July 4. I love it. Takes a close second after Thanksgiving.
We had a great weekend. It started off nice with Jordan not having to go to work on Friday. We relaxed and napped the entire day. That night we went to the 17th annual Hillsboro party. That is the name of my parent's neighborhood. They have lived here since I was 10. As I watched my little sisters get ready for the picnic, I was reminded of how I loved looking my best for the neighborhood boys. This year hmmm...well... times have changed. It was great to catch up with old high school friends and neighbors. Surprisingly, many still live in the neighborhood. There was a great feeling of community and love for America. I am so glad my parent's can live in such a wonderful place.


Sitting and watching the fireworks. Andrew could not contain his joy.


On the actual 4th we had a bbq and swimming party at my parent's house. Jordan and Jensen shucking the corn.



Boys eyeing the firework kit. (Ohhh... I am in for it in a couple of years)




Andrew being watched by Jordan and Grandma. He loved the sparklers...after watching Jordan light them, he tried to take a match to his own. That boy has 6 hands and would try anything dangerous.



The always cautious Jensen. Jordan asked if he wanted to hold a sparkler in each hand and Jensen told him it was too dangerous. I agree!



3 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

Is that Hillsboro as in a suburb of Portland? My sis lives in Forest Grove and I LOVE that area. So small town feel still, but with the conveniences of shopping and airport not too far away... I LOVE your cute quilts. I have a couple that need to make my deadline of mid sept... COngrats on making it to 32 weeks!!!

JMF said...

Maren - that Hillsboro is in NV, but no doubt Portland is beautiful. Like Shooter McGavin once said, "Everytime I come here, it keeps gettin harder to leave . . . must put something in the water."

Ken and Amy said...

The quilts are DARLING!!! So fun to see them put together!!! And I love your craigslist furniture...that was a sweet deal you found.