Friday, September 19, 2008

rambling thoughts

Our summer was not that busy, but I seem to have more time on my hands. Thus, I can read. No... I've thought about this. I usually have time for one "project". For the last year it has been organizing and buying things for my house. (making curtains, buying food storage, looking for picture frames) I am over this...kind of. (I am still looking for an inexpensive twin size bed... then I will want to sew a blanket for them, so I won't have time to read anymore)

In any case, I have been reading more. I aquired this last book from my youngest sister who received it for her 14th birthday from my brother's sorta-kinda girlfriend. It was one of those books that I picked up and read a few pages of, then set down for weeks. (I think that was when Breaking Dawn came out.......)

Maybe it was the bad taste in my mind (or mouth) from Breaking Dawn that started this recent reading kick. Anyway, I find it is the book I lay down for weeks that I like the best. This book was no exception. It is slow enough moving that I didn't need to let my house fall to shambles while I read it. It actually took me over a week to read. Slowly, but surly, I fell in love with the characters and the setting. (Camille, we need to talk)

Here is my favorite review:
"I Capture the Castle (by Dodie Smith) is finally back in print. It should be welcomed with a bouquet of roses and a brass band. Ever since I was handed a tattered copy years ago with the recommendation 'you'll love it,' it has been one of my favorite novels. Cassandra Mortmain is one @*## of a narrator, offering sharp wit, piercing insight, and touching lyricism. She is a heroine we readers wish we could be, a young woman it is impossible not to adore."-Susan Isaacs

No, I don't know who she is, but I do agree. 'You'll love it'

1 comment:

Coila said...

Sounds like a great book. And, um, did you just bleep the H word?? 'Cause that would be hilarious. In a delightful sort of way, of course. ;) Also, I love your side bar (as usual!)