Dear Emily,
There is not an ex-convict hiding under your car in the garage. Let's be honest, the garage stinks so bad of messy diapers at times not even a cockroach could survive. (and the bug guy in Ann Arbor said they can live off of a postage stamp for months) You know that water heater closet upstairs? There are no terrorist activities going on in there. Those bumps and screeches that you hear-that's the heater coming on! Jensen opened the door last week, you screamed and then found some junk Jordan "put away". And by the way, you keep the shower curtain closed in the boys bathroom-that's what you should check out. I think the Others have come and set up camp.
Sincerely,
They are T.V. shows.
Things like that never happen in real life.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i love this little blog, Emily.
I feel your pain, friend. I have some boogie man woes as well.
Collectively, as a couple, our favorite show is Law and Order. I really enjoy trying to solve the mystery before the detectives (and I always do before Rob). Then we go to bed and I swear the rapist from the show is lurking in the closet. Why do we do this to ourselves? I try to remember two things. 1) What that guy said to us in Vegas once about having a good sense about what is around. and 2) This Oprah show I saw on a book called "The gift of Fear". It made me embrace that feeling a bit and reassure myself that I will have prepratory feelings if that kind of situation arises. (oh, and if Rob's gone--I sleep with the dog.
I miss you emily. great post. maybe i should write myself a little letter. then maybe my heart won't jump so much at every creek in my house.
Dude, did I never tell you guys about The Gift of Fear??? Best book ever! I'm glad Oprah backed it, because that means more people are going to read it.
It really helped me stop being afraid about things as much. I've bought it for friends in the past because I want all of my friends to read it and all of my gal friends to read it at LEAST once. Please read it.
Oooo I am going to the Library and I am going to get that book on fear. I am always interested in books like that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post a Comment