Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Troy marries Brooke

Jordan, Wesley and I flew to Washington D.C. for the April 8 wedding day. Our first stop after the aiport was to visit my childhood friend Risa. She has three of the cutest girls ever- we will be playing match maker in about 12 years!

We stayed with our great friends from law school- the Parkers. They have the cutest 1950's style house with an amazing backyard. It will be a great soccer field or garden, but for now it houses their friendly dog Charlie.

Eliza Parker gets ready to throw the ball to Charlie.

Jordan and brothers minus Troy.
Oh you boys! You're handsome, you are.


The lucky man.

The beautiful mansion where the reception was held.

I love how Brooke tastefully incorporated the cowboy/horse theme-so clever.

They arrived at the reception in style.

We arrived Thursday. Wedding was on Friday and we drove to Gettysburg with all the left over Flakes on Saturday.

In the background are all the fields where the fighting took place. Nothing has changed. So touching to read about the fight and look out on the fields and imagine it all happening.


Ryan and Bennet Parker and Jordan.

Me and Camille. We had sooo much fun! Two days after we got home I had the super hero party for Jensen. Then that next weekend spring break started and I drove up with Brooke and Troy for the Utah reception.

My SIL's put on the most beautiful shower for Brooke. From the home to the food to the company this shower was picture perfect.


The Bride and Groom.

The Ring.

Oh, I loved all the details that went into both receptions. The little girls prancing around the pool house in these dresses were just dreamy.

Brooke made these amazing cupcakes. I sat around and helped her. I am so excited to frost cupcakes using all her fun decorating tips.

The surprise grooms cakes. Peanut butter-yummmmm....

The pool house set up with lily pads, bird cages and floating candles.

My favorite picture of the bunch. All us Flake girls. 2 original sisters and 6 sisters in law.
L-R: Sarah, VaNae,Shantelle, Amanda, Brooke, Mom-Elaine, Me, Rainey, Melinda.

Are we all looking at the camera?

Let's not forget the baby chicks that were chirping non stop.

OR the 20+ kids bouncing around with the chicks.

Oh yes we did. We burned the biggest bon fire ever.

And grandpa made his classic crazy pancakes. The grandkids LOVE it.
And if this wasn't crazy enough our month ended with Jordan opening up his own law firm! All is well.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Flake update overload!
I love your dress from the reception. Congrats on the new firm. How very exciting (and stressful?).

Coila said...

Wow! You two have been busy! Sounds like it's been awesome, though! I love those pancakes, too. What a great idea!

PS Congrats to Jordan on the new law firm! That's awesome!

Humes Family said...

Emily YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!

Shantelle said...

wow. Did that much really just happen? Ha! It was really amazing! It was soo fun to spend so much time with you! I am sad it is over!

Risa said...

How fun for me to be a small part of all the news. It was so great to see you! Thanks for squeezing me in. And I thought I was having a busy month...wow, good luck with everything!