Weeks fly by. Sometimes I am glad about that, and sometimes not so much. Yesterday we registered Jensen for Kindergarten. I am a little emotional over it all. I feel like I am entering a new phase of motherhood. Leaving the toddler stage behind, and entering into the kid phase. I feel older.
I got a new calling in church- primary pianist. It is really hard for me (and I make a ton of mistakes), but I love the challenge. We pass a beautiful chapel on the way to preschool. Jensen always asks if that is "our" church. And I tell him that it is not the building we go to, but it is a Mormon church. We are Mormon. He asked me why we were Mormon and after I thought about it for a quick moment I told him we were Mormon because it made us happy. He agreed. Playing the piano in primary makes me happy.
This is Clarah and she babysat for us this weekend. Isn't she pretty?
And we had a great anniversary. Sitting next to my love watching Phantom was all I could ever ask for. Here's to another week.
6 comments:
Love it. I always look forward to your blog updates.
Kids grow up so fast!! Where did you see Phantom?
I can't believe Jensen will be in kindergarten soon...craziness. Good luck with your new calling. I consider that to be one of the most anti-social callings. (especially b/c the piano in our ward is tucked in a corner of the room that no one ever goes to except the pianist) So hopefully people are saying hi to you while you are there. But it works out nicely to be able to sneak in snacks w/o anyone seeing you eat them. :) But I do also like hearing the random remarks from the primary kids--especially the sunbeams!
I just got released from playing the organ a few weeks ago. And this is the first time in like over 6 years that I have not had a calling of some sort either playing the organ or piano. Even though I like playing them, it's nice to have a break as well.
love that picture of Jensen. So cute. You are going to love your new calling. That is what I am doing right now, too. I love it b/c you actually improve and it is not stressfull. You hear all the kids misbehaving and you just go right along playing and enjoying the music. very theraputic.
as for the coupons...so hard. i did it for a couple months, but ended up being too much work. I did get some good deals, but I put soo much time and effort into. good for you for trying, though.
It is sad to watch the kids grow up so fast! Glad you had fun at Phantom! I do couponing, but I only go to one store now and it is a lot easier. It does take time to cut them all out, etc but we get so much more food for the money that we spend!
Just admit it....WE ARE OLD when our babies are going to Kindergarten! I'm feeling the same way too. Jill's last day of preschool is on Friday. sad....
Post a Comment