I am here.
It's amazing how the longer one waits to post, the harder it gets.
My recent battle has been not being able to upload pictures. I am so not computer savvy. Thus the blog got neglected.
A lot has been going on, but then not a lot has been going on. Jensen and I spent the week after his birthday getting ready for his party with friends. We set up all his trains, made Thomas bean bags, painted wooden trains to decorate, and made a train out of shoe boxes. It was quite fun. The party was a big hit and Jensen thought he turned 5.
Last week I spent mostly at the doctors. Jensen is in the 10% for everything while Andrew is in the 75%. I love Andrew. I know I shouldn't base my love on percentages, but he really does eat better, sleep better and is better at the grocery store. Then I went to the dr. Of course, I have gained weight and the boy looks like a boy. Even though I go every other week, they continually print me off pictures of his "parts" with a blaring arrow pointing right at it {as if you couldn't tell} and the words "it's a boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy!!!!!
I know.
When I turn over at night, I wake up. I am sure it will get worse. Anyway, then I start to think. About sleeping arrangements with 3 kids in a 3 bedroom townhouse. One is ours. So that leaves them 2. The most logical reason is to put Jensen and Drew together. But at 3:00 in the morning thoughts aren't always logical and trust me I have thought of every odd combination. Okay. I got bunk beds off of craigs list. I usually highly dislike dealing with craigs list, but this was a steal deal. And the best set of bunk beds I have seen in 6 months of looking. Now I have become an Etsy regular trying to find the non tacky in a football themed room. Remember that picture my sister gave me? Well, I am trying to have that vintage feel with a hint of BYU. We'll see.
As I said, I have no pictures.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
At some point, I'd love to see pictures from that party. It sounds like a boy's dream!
The room decor can be both a fun and frustrating process. What about (just a spur of the moment thought) if you made pendants in the color scheme with their names on them...I don't know that might be weird...I need to think more.
I'm glad your back blogging--I missed your posts! What a fun party you had for Jensen!
I'd like to see pics of your bunk beds when you can get them off your camera...as far as room decor goes, good luck. I'm not a good one when it goes to that topic, but I do like etsy as well!
I've been thinking today.
Here is something like I was thinking for the pendants (at least something to go from):
http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent/Room+Decor+Personalized+Wall+Art+Letters/5503/ZL27X/&cr_id=crossSells&cm_sp=Recomended-_-4-_-Sports%20Season%20Wall%20Pennants
Another thought would be an A and J in varsity style, I think something like this would be easy to replicate:
http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent/Room+Decor+Wall+Borders+Decals+Plaques/5504/AM22X/
You could make football pillows for the bed pretty easily and inexpensive. Some brown pleather would awesome!
Can't wait to see what the room turns out like.
Kimberly - this is jordan - thanks for the suggestions. Also - I do look like the antagonist in the jimmy kimmel clips you were talking about! They are hillarious, btw.
doing the rooms can be SO much fun! I'm actually looking forward to moving hazel and Renee into a room together in the summer! {when hazel decides that she will sleep through the night every night and Renee is out of school!}
i am SO NOT a fan of themed bedding! i sent some links to pbkids. they always have a lot of cute stipes and plaids and they are super comfy and soft! something plain would look awesome with those prints! i got a pottery barn duvet for elijah's bed of ebay for like $15! just to give you some ideas...
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/w350/index.cfm?pkey=rromboykssp
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/bdv50/index.cfm?pkey=rromboycrs
Post a Comment