Friday, April 3, 2009

Small talk

The wait is never a problem. It is almost a vacation to sit in the low lights of a dark room and think about the boys at my mom's house. Jordan at work. And me. I can usually find a really interesting article to read in the Time magazine they have sitting on the end table.

This week the nurse suprised me by asking how long I had been married.

"It will be six years in May"
"Your ring is shining prisms all over the room, can I look at it?"
"Oh, sure. It's been years since someone has asked that. In fact I don't know the last time I even really looked at it."
"It's beautiful. How are you feeling?"
"Great"
"How many weeks are you?"
"19"
"Do you have any kids at home?"
"2 Boys"
"Do you know what your having?"
"Well, unless something has changed...a boy."
"3 boys. Your brave. I've been married for 3 years and we are still afraid to have children."
"It's a lot of work. I didn't know six years ago that I was signing up for 3 boys. BUT, we're really excited."
"Well, everything looks good. I'll go get the doctor"

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! That is so exciting! Maybe I missed the news but this is great! Also, it is rare but I love getting comments on my ring. Too fun.

Camille said...

Congrats! I just asked Ryan not two days ago if you were pregnant after he got off the phone with Jordan. But he only knew about law, politics and sports after the call. Another boy. So fun. I'll have to call you soon so we can update on books, family and crafts.

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! I was waiting for this post since I saw someone had remarked on one of your posts that you were pregnant with another boy. My family needs some boys for all our girls so I'm glad to see you'll be helping us out! So, when exactly is your due date? And I hope you're feeling well.

Bart and Kellie said...

Congratulations! I have almost been married 6 years (end of April) and we just had our 3rd boy too! Boys are so much fun (very tiring, but fun)Welcome to the craziness of three kids!

Kylee said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Ya, I wouldn't normally picture you with 3 boys, but I am sure you have gotten used to being outnumbered. Plus it is so fun to play with trucks, trains, and balls, right? I hope you aren't too sick. I am so happy for you!

Maren Hansen said...

YAY! Congrats--glad your balancing out the gender ratio. I'll find out what I'm having in a couple weeks, but I think chances are pretty decent that there will be no telltale male signs... ;)

Coila said...

Congrats! Here's hoping this one stays in a little longer than the other two did.

Cat said...

Congratulations!!! Hooray for more Flakes.

breanna said...

congratulaitos emilY! don't worry...number 3 is not as bad as everybody makes it sound!!! i for one was VERY nervous, but so far so good!! i'm SO happy for yall!!

Tayla said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were pregnant. That is so exciting. I can't believe you are having another little boy. You sure make cute ones! :)

Ken and Amy said...

WAHOOO!!! 3 boys....now that's what I call BUSY! Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well, so far.

Becky Chatwin said...

Congratulations Emily! Three boys, my goodness. I see your van every once in awhile when we go over to visit my family, but I don't ever see you! Maybe one of these days we will run into each other. I have a private blog, if you want an invitation email me at beckychatwin@gmail.com