Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Girls week

I ended up staying at my Mom's house while Jordan was gone. Here are some of my favorite moments.

1. Having my little sisters play with the boys all day while I scrapbooked (or tried to, I got in a rut).


Exhibit A: reading books in the blanket fort


2. Having my Mom make dinner and do the dishes and basically pamper me all week. I was surprised (yet again...) at how being a mom has made me really appreciate all my mom does. She even washed my boys bottles and sippy cups at the end of the day. It was so nice to have the help with the kids from another mom who just "knows".


3. Going up and visiting my sister in St. George for a couple of days. I have 4 sisters and love them all so much. We played Bingo late one night and had some fun (and risky) prizes. We also discussed Breaking Dawn. Since none of us really liked it my older sister came up with a new plot and ending! On Saturday we went to see the new Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie. My favorite moment of the week was being surrounded by my sisters during the movie. It was the first time we have all been together-just the 5 of us- in a very long time (if ever?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, it was so fun having you up. It's nice to have a sister who understands the "joys" of children :). Really...I enjoyed it and hope you did too. - Kim

Rachel said...

It seems as though you had a lot of fun...girl time is always so much fun! Glad you were able to get some scrapbooking done while your sisters watched the boys. How was the sisterhood of the travelling pants movie anyway? Also, I'm jealous of your brother going to BYU too. Freshman year was so much fun! And, I do miss Dining Plus--among other things. :)