Friday, July 25, 2008

Week in Review

Weeks go by so fast. Friday comes and I look at my To Do list hoping to cross off something!

The excitement this week was going swimming at the MGM pools and lazy river. My parents have access to a hotel room there and so we spent Wednesday and Thursday swimming and watching movies. It was a vacation 15 minutes from home- so convenient.

We also finally came around and cut Andrew's hair. Jordan is a one style of hair cut stylest and so Andrew ended up with the classic Flake boy buzz.
Before. Drew didn't have much hair, but it was getting long in the back.
During. We were used to Jensen screaming and throwing a fit. Drew was quiet and held still. Odd.
He is a little hesitant- but I think he will come around. Especially when his hair isn't dripping with sweat in his car seat.
In Addition. Last weekend and the first part of this week I was reading that book The Last Lecture. After I finished, I wikied Randy Pausch and found out he was still alive and doing pretty well...I was relieved. Then today I saw that he had passed away. I was shocked and called Jordan. He asked me what I expected from a guy who was dying of terminal cancer.
Here's to Randy. I have thought a lot about my childhood dream. At first I couldn't think of anything I had a dream about doing. Then I remembered the good old teal Honda Accord that my dad bought when I was six. I ended up driving it to BYU when I was 19. We had some good times with that car (remember when the driver side door was broken and I had to scoot in from the passenger side...Brady ended up driving it down to Ensenada over olympic break and used the window to get in!) Well, I was sad to sell it 2 summers ago.(don't worry- somehow we ended up with a teal Nissan Altima) I want to write a fun book about it. I don't know how, or if I ever will, but I want to try. AND I want to finish reading all of the Newberry Award winning books- that was another goal of mine. In the end I guess Randy really did get me thinking about life.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks (or should I say thnx) for the link to the newspaper article. I read it and a bit of the Seriously, so blessed blog. Hilarious. Nothing is funnier to me than an exaggeration of the truth.

Camille said...

Ryan has been missing Jordan's "one style haircut" and Bennett is need of one as well. Where is Jordan when we need him? Teal - it does seem to follow you - I'll buy your book someday and I would love to follow suite on the newberys.

Kylee said...

I love his haircut! It looks so cute! I am amazed that he did so well, because Caden screams the whole time too. I definitely remember your teal Honda, and watching you climb through to the driver's side. We used to all cram in that thing and sing everywhere we went.

Ken and Amy said...

Stay cool in the pool! The heat is one thing I don't miss about Vegas.

Kimberly said...

In response to the addition:
I heard that he had died on the radio this morning and thought of you. It reminded me of when Gucci died and you left that note on the mirror for me. That seems like eternities ago but I think of that sticky often, like just last night during "Hopkins". (It is great if you haven't seen it yet--I always get up after with a new appreciation for a healthy family AND am usually more patient.)

Rachel said...

I remember many good times in your teal Honda Accord--like going down to Vegas in it and your cabin. Oh yeah, and us piling in it when we were running late to our kickboxing/step aerobics class and didn't have time to walk to the RB...ahh, the good old days! I am impressed that it was only 2 years ago that you got rid of it! And, I think you should write a book about it. I would definitely buy it! Would it be a children's book?

And, props to Jordan on the haircut. It looks good!

Coila said...

Well, that's nice about Drew holding still for you guys, but he does look hesitant. Is he your kid, or what? That's a classic Emily look! ;)

I'm curious to read more about that guy now. I think I've heard quite a bit about him, actually. Maybe I'll put that book on my never-ending list of "to read"s.