Monday, March 31, 2008

Llama Llama Red Pajama

About a week ago Jordan and I were relaxing on the couch reveling in having no children bouncing on us when we heard Jensen tumbling down the stairs. We both agreed to ignore him and see what happened. I expected Jensen to come up to us and start crying for juice, kitties or whatever. But he didn't. He silently fell to the floor and covers his eyes and starts scooting around like a snake- I guess thinking that we wouldn't be able to see him. Hmmm.... I remember reading about that in a human development class once but can't quite remember. Anyway, Jordan and I can't supress the giggles and go and pick him up and snuggle him. (I am sure that is the wrong response, but it was sooo funny) Needless to say, we are having a few problems getting him to stay in bed after we do our bedtime routine. Of course being the amazing parents we are, it seems we are either laughing at what he does or we are frustrated because we want our night time to accomplish things.
Luckily my sister-in-law came to town and was talking about great book. Jensen and I made a special trip to the bookstore and bought it.(alright, alright and by special I mean both kids screaming through Barnes and Noble. I practically had to rip a Thomas the train book from Jensen's hands and forced him into wanting this book) Luckily, It has become an instant favorite for both of us.

My favorite part:

After the llama has thrown a fit and is scared of going to bed his mom comes up and says-

Baby Llama what a tizzy!

Sometime's Mama's very busy.

Please stop all this llama drama

and be patient for your mama.

Little Llama don't you know

Mama Llama loves you so?

Mama Llama's always near,

even if she's not right here....

3 comments:

Ken and Amy said...

that sounds like a winner! We need to get our hands on that book too! thanks for the idea!

Tayla said...

I love books! I will have to get that one. Max has just started coming out of his room at night too. I think it is because he knows we are up with the baby. It is hard to get mad at him though because he comes out all proud and smiling. Not as good as the snake routine, but still hard to get mad at! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh fer cute! (I live in Utah) I loved the story about your little snake, and I loved the excerpt from the book.

Keep on bloggin'.